Welcome

I look forward to seeing/meeting you on Friday, bright and early. In the meantime, I wanted to give you a sneak peek of the syllabus. You are not responsible for preparing anything for Friday, but many of the readings for the course are available via link on the syllabus, so feel free to get your feet wet. And you can learn more about my teaching/scholarly interests here if you’re interested.

I’ll also note that you can pick up the only book for the course, a collection of three novellas by Herman Melville, at Shakespeare and Co. across the street from campus. Again, feel free to start reading ahead: we’ll work with Bartleby, the Scrivener first.

I’ve sent invitations to join the blog (i.e., become an “author” who can write posts) to those who have taken courses with me before and are thus in my site already. We’ll have a session in one of the ICIT rooms next week to make sure the rest of you get up and going.